Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

Honey and I went to my parents for an early dinner on Thursday. We had a non-traditional menu of beef tenderloin, grilled salmon, baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, fresh corn, green beens, cranbery relish, salad, and homemade rolls. For dessert, pumpkin pie and apple sheet pie. It was all so very delicious! Joining us were my parents, my brother, his daughter, and his girlfriend, my grandma and her boyfriend, and my great aunt and uncle. The weather was beautiful, we all got along, and had a wonderful dinner and visit.

After dinner, we left my parents and headed for Honey's family about 4.5 hours away. We stopped halfway up and picked up Honey's father, Pops. We arrived late, about 8:30 pm, but still were able to visit before many fell off to sleep. Pops stayed with one of Honey's brothers, and Honey and I stayed in a hotel suite. They were out of non-smoking rooms, and being pregnant, Honey was very particular about the room, so we opted for a suite, which happened to have a whirlpool tub smack in the middle of the room! What a treat! I was so surprised when we walked in.

A special moment happened one night during our stay. Honey felt the baby kick for the first time! He lay behind me, with his arm wrapped around and hand on my belly, and then, baby moved. It was awesome! I was so excited that he finally felt it, after over a week of me feeling him move around in there. I love sharing this experience with him.

We enjoyed three days with Honey's family, ate leftovers, and spent time with his six nieces and nephews. We even managed to take five of them out with us shopping on Friday morning. Nieces are 7 and 5, nephews are 7, 5, and almost 1. And with us pregnant, I'm sure many people were wondering, "and they are having another?!"

No comments: