Friday, April 14, 2006

Lions and Tigers and Elphants, oh my!


Yesterday was my niece's 4th birthday, so tomorrow we're taking her to the circus. I'm so excited! I don't think I've been to a circus since I was about her age. I remember going, because after that all I wanted to do was be a trapeze artist! (well, for a while anyway. No. I'm not a trapeze artist. ;)

So, I called her up last night to wish her a happy birthday, and see if she would like to go with us to the circus. First, I asked her if she knew what a circus is. She said 'yes'. What is it? I asked inquisitively. She answered that there are 'elphants, and clowns, and other stuff!' I told her that was right, would she like to go? 'Yes, I would like to go, I really would', she said so sweetly.

So, we're going tomorrow evening, the pre-show starts at 6 pm. Apparently, she gets to be up close and personal with the animals, and even learn how to walk a tightrope. I wonder if she too will walk away with dreams of flying through the air, flipping from one swinging bar to another?!

No comments: