Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Decisions Decisions

I am struggling with a decision about my "career-path", if it can be called such. I am at a crossroads. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to choose between two positions - a new one, and an upgrade for where I am now - so I do not want to come across like a big, spoiled baby. However, it is very difficult to choose between a job that looks, feels and smells like a big pile of poo, and one that IS a big pile of poo!

For background info on my current job, see my plea.

The "new job" sounds like a much faster paced position, however the monotony of the tasks sounds like straight-up torture. In fact, the only challenge the new job would present would be trying to get the inordinate amount of paperwork processed in the ridiculously short amount of time alotted.

But? I would be working for someone with a backbone. Actually, I think her spine has little, metal, spikey things running up it as well. She's not afraid to speak her mind, at all. It's gotten her in trouble a couple of times too, from what I understand. Nonetheless, it sounds better, at the moment anyway, than having a boss who can't stand up to a fly. Don't get me wrong, I like her on a personal level, but she is not dealing well with the power-struggle going on, and to me, only appears to be making the situation worse.

I'd like to think I could talk to the powers-that-be and get some things straight before I agree to upgrade to a position that I fear will necessitate life-long anxiety meds. At the same time, I think I'd be told, in so many words, to either sh*t or get off the pot, i.e. take it or leave it, which wouldn't make me feel any better than I do right now.

The money isn't even really an issue. Both positions are comparable in pay, and both seem to have the same number of pros and cons. So, I guess it's just a matter of what I'm willing to live with. Neither one sound like I'm gonna want to spring from my bed each morning and start the day. *sigh*

No comments: